The early launch of the website allows everyone the opportunity to access information and materials and markn their calendars for events well in advance of the month-long celebration in November.
Recognized by Presidential Proclamation, National Adoption Month is a time set aside to raise awareness about the need for adoptive parents for children and youth in foster care. Under the leadership of the Children's Bureau, National Adoption Month focuses the nation's attention on the 496,000 children in foster care across the country, including the 130,000 children awaiting adoption.
The National Adoption Month website features a number of resources, including:
- A Calendar of activities for National Adoption Awareness Month, November 2008.
- Calendars and other materials are available in English and Spanish.
- Highlights and information.
- Enhanced search tools for the Spanish version of the National Foster Care and Adoption Directory
- Resources for professionals, families, and teachers.
- Resources from AdoptUsKids.
Be sure to Visit the 2008 Website for access and resources about National Adoption Month! And be sure to stay connected to the Adoptive Parents Network for all the inormation about APNs plans, contests and events!